Below are some of the frequently asked questions and their answers,hopefully you will find what you are looking for. If you didn’t find what you are looking for, then go to ask online you will get an answer for your question with every help I can do to make your trip so enjoyable.


[su_spoiler title=”Is Egypt Safe to visit?” icon=”plus-square-1″]Egypt is very safe to visit and the police, tourist police and army are in prominence wherever you go, giving you a feel of being in secure surroundings. Egypt prides itself on its high safety record for tourists and will do all it can to maintain this.[/su_spoiler]

Visa Enquirers

[su_spoiler title=”How do I get my tourist visa?“icon=”plus-square-1”]Usually you need to apply to your local Egyptian Embassy or Consulate General for a pre-entry tourist visa but if you are from North America, Western Europe, Australia/New Zealand, Brazil/Argentina or Hong Kong/Japan/Macau/Malaysia or Singapore you can get your tourist visa upon arrival in Egypt.[/spoiler]

[su_spoiler title=”How do I get my tourist visa if I live in a different country to that of my passport?“icon=”plus-square-1″]If you hold a residence permit in the country you live in you can apply to the Egyptian Embassy/Consulate General in that country, otherwise you have to apply to the country that issued your passport.[/spoiler]

[spoiler title=” I am staying in a resort in the Sinai; can I visit Cairo or Luxor?“]

Though many nationalities are exempt from requiring a visa for the many Sinai resorts, a full tourist visa is required if you come to any place in Egypt that lies to the west of the Red Sea/Suez Canal. [/spoiler]

[spoiler title=”I am staying in a resort in Hurghada; can I visit Cairo or Luxor?“]

Though many nationalities are exempt from requiring a visa for staying in Hurghada, once you leave the confines of the town a full tourist visa is required.[/spoiler]

[spoiler title=”I am going to visit Jordan and/or Israel; will I require a visa when coming back to Egypt?“]Yes, as soon as you leave Egypt your visa will be stamped and so you will require another one. If you are from a country that can get their visa upon arrival in Egypt, you can get the new one when you re-enter the country, but if you require a pre-entry visa you should apply for 2 of these, using the second one when you re-enter Egypt.[/spoiler]

[spoiler title=” Can my tourist visa be extended to more than one month?“]A tourist visa can be extended if required. To do this you have to apply to Mogamma, in Tahrir Square, or to the equivalent offices in Alexandria, Luxor or Sharm El-Sheikh.[/spoiler]

Transportation Enquirers

[spoiler title=”Where is the main bus depot in Cairo?“]The main bus depot is called Cairo Gateway (El Torgoman) bus station and is situated just off the city centre. Any taxi will be able to take you there.[/spoiler]

[spoiler title=”Where do I get the bus in Luxor?“]The bus station in Luxor is situated behind the Luxor Temple.[/spoiler]

[spoiler title=”Where do I get the bus in Hurghada?“]The bus station is situated in Hurghada town centre.[/spoiler]

[spoiler title=”Where do I get the bus in Sharm El-Sheikh?“]The bus station is on the outskirts of the town on Freedom Road. You will require a taxi to get there, though many hotels do have shuttle buses which can do this.[/spoiler]

[spoiler title=” Can I get tickets for the sleeper train service online and if not, how do I order them?“]There is no online facility for this but you can order them by telephone. Call El Watania on +20225749474 or +20225749274, or fax them on +20225749074. You will be given a booking reference and you can pay and pick the tickets up at Cairo station at least 24 hours before departure.[/spoiler]